Sunday, October 27, 2013

Drink Mixing

I believe I have discovered a new fad that drink companies are doing.

Throughout the years I have begun to notice a change in the types of juices and drinks that have been available to me. Perhaps I have just never noticed this before and it really has been going on since before I was born. The difference is that drink companies are beginning to mix their drinks with different types of fruit juices, my favorite being mango juice.

I first noticed this while I was trying to purchase an Arnold Palmer (for those of you who live under a rock it is a delicious mix of lemonade and iced tea) when I noticed that they were out of it. So naturally I started to look around for the next best thing when I stumbled upon a beverage made by the company Arizona. This beverage was half ice tea, like the Arnold Palmer that I had wanted, but rather than having lemonade it had mango juice. Thinking that it would have an interesting flavor to it I decided to give it a try and then immediately fell in love with it. The only way that I can think to describe it is as being a less harsh taste than Arnold Palmer. If AP (Arnold Palmer) was a mountain, than this new drink would be a grass covered, gently rolling hill.

Then it couldn't have been a week later that I had just woken up from a very restful slumber at my, at that time, dear friends’ house. Their mother greeted us that morning with pancakes and this strange orange juice concoction. When I tried it I was blown away and had to ask what it was. The answer was orange juice, banana juice (I’m not sure how you can get juice from a banana), and strawberry juice (again, not sure how that works) and apparently you could just buy this stuff at the grocery store! Then she showed me the other bottle that they kept in their refrigerator, this one was mango and orange juice and it was my favorite of the two.

Now that, as you may know by now, I have a job in food sales I know how much of what we sell and I was surprised to learn that we sell just as much regular orange juice as we do orange juice mixes, and for good reason. I feel that they taste better and also the addition of new fruits to the juice adds nutrients that otherwise may have been missing. So as someone who works in the food business I would say to give this a try and get on board with the new fad.



If this was a thing before more than just a few years ago please let me know so I can delete this post and not feel stupid.(479 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment