Sunday, December 8, 2013

Frozen Pizza

The unsung hero of food…frozen pizza

How many times have you been sitting at home in need of a meal, but been too lazy to make something of go somewhere to eat? And how many of those times have you turned to frozen pizza to give you a cheap and delicious meal? My guess is, if you are anything like me, the answer is “a lot”.  Have you ever just sat back and thought about how many times frozen pizza was there for you when no one else was?

Frozen pizza is a pretty remarkable thing if you think about it. You take it out of your freezer hard as a rock then you just put it on/into your pizza cook device and within twenty minutes you have a hot pizza with melty cheese and fluffy crust. Speaking of pizza cooking devices, I feel compelled to tell you about the one my family use because it is so simple and it works so well. Our pizza cooker consists of a spinning pan (this is what you set the pizza on) and a stationary part that goes over the pan. This stationary part has metal wires in it that are coiled and somehow get really hot and cook the pizza as it spins around underneath it. This works better than the conventional ways of cooking frozen pizza because, in an oven, because, in my opinion, it helps to make the crust softer as well as helps to give the cheese a more even melt pattern. One last reason that I think my way is the best way is because is so simple a toddler could do it. There is not hassling with preheating and forgetting to turn the oven off, it automatically turns off when the timer goes off.  


1 comment:

  1. This article was very well written, and very relevant to the lives of many people. Frozen pizza is amazing, and the ease with which you can easily make a meal is astounding. I definitely have to get your pizza cooker, it sounds like it works a lot better than my oven. I like pizza a lot because its fast in times where there's no time to cook another meal. This post really reminded me of how frozen pizza is a huge commodity without me even recognizing it.

    ReplyDelete