Sunday, October 13, 2013

How to be a Good Server.

I feel like I shouldn’t have to create this post, but I will as a service to mankind.

How to be a good server:
1
.       Make an attempt to be enthusiastic - I am not going to enjoy myself at whatever restaurant you work at if I can tell when you talk to me that you would rather be dead than working there. I am perfectly fine with and understand if you feel that way, just don’t make it that apparent.
2.       We don’t need three hours to choose what we want- I understand that you don’t want to rush us and that you may have other tables to wait on, but when everyone at my table has been sitting there with their menus face down for the last twenty minutes…it’s time to take our orders.
3.       Don’t mess up our orders- I think that I am an understanding guy, and I get that you may make a mistake or two, but when you don’t even write down anyone’s order because you are so confident in yourself to remember then end up getting everyone’s order wrong…I am going to be a little bit annoyed.  Do the world (and the people you’re waiting on) a favor, and write down the order.
4.       Ask us how we are doing- don’t let the only time I see you be when I order, when I get my food, and when I pay. While I am eating come up and ask how I am doing, see if I need a refill and ask me if my steak was cooked correctly. Please don’t let me get thirsty while I watch you talk with your friends at another table.
5.       Come back in a timely manner- when I want to pay don’t just leave the bill and never come back. In general if I am paying that means that I want to leave, so don’t make me sit there and wait for you. I have places to be.

Perhaps I am just  high maintenance, but these are just some thoughts that I thought I would share with the internet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment