Sunday, October 20, 2013

Break Time Meals

So today I will be discussing the less gourmet side of food…break time food.

This type of food must be easy to prepare using only the limited tools provided to you in your break room, this food must be something that can be prepared quickly (because you don’t have a long time on break, normally), and like always it must taste good. I will now tell you a little bit about what I like to eat.

My first break time love was a microwave bacon cheese burger. This treat heats itself up in just two minutes and costs only one dollar and twenty five cents. This was introduced to me by fellow coworkers on my first week, but after a little bit my microwave bacon cheese burgers got old. So it was time to find a new meal.

Next I found what would end up being a very big mistake. I discovered the microwave Monkey bread. This was a family size monkey bread that cost an arm and a leg to get, six dollars and forty nine cents. When I took my first bite I thought I was a genius for finding this great tasting meal, but that was short lived. When working an eight hour day, illegal as it may be, we receive a twenty minute break. When you take away the six minute cooking time you are left with four teen minutes to eat a family size meal…and I regrettably did. The rest of the day I was just praying that I would throw up just to make my stomach ach the rest of the day. Needless to say I never tried that again.

Next I found the healthiest thing yet. The Cesar Salad Kit. For a mere three dollars and fifty nine cents you get a bag that is full of lettuce, has a packet of Cesar Sauce, croutons and some cheese. Although I did have to take some harassment for my friends about eating salad for lunch, it is very delicious. But to much of a good thing can get old, so once again I was forced to find something new.

Then I found what I am on right now. My self and a group of fellow employees all pool our money and buy milk to put in the break room refrigerator and also to buy some assorted cereals. This always allows us to never have to eat the same thing twice in a row.


So if you want my advice on what to eat at work find some buddies and pool your money. (431 words)    

1 comment:

  1. Those are some very useful snacks. I find that when I am on break it can be very hard to find any meal that does not consume the majority of my break time. Usually I microwave something and it ends u taking awhile and then I have to choke down everything really fast. Pooling money is a good idea, but it would be interesting to see if that could work with me because all we sell is candy for food, so it may not be the most nutritious. I've got to say though, why would you have gotten that monkey bread when it cost 6 bucks, that's almost the cost that a whole hour of working makes you.

    ReplyDelete