Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wendy's Review

Today I thought that I would shake thing up a bit and do a review of the newly redesigned Wendy’s on 42nd street.

Before the remolding this eating establishment was about even with any other Wendy’s I had ever been to in my life, but their game was really stepped up. They completely tore down the old to make way for the new, at first this was a little bit scary because nobody knew if they were closing down or going to reopen, but when word got around it was a very big relief. The scariness came from the fact that that Wendy’s is one of the few places that is close enough to our school (I am not going to specify what school because of the predators on the internet) that you can go to, eat at a conferrable pace and return to school with in the lunch period.

One of my favorite additions they made to the Wendy’s is the drink machine. This is a shiny box that has a touch screen allowing you to pick for dozens of different types of pops. Not only does it make the drink getting experience much better, it also helps to add to the modern atmosphere of the restaurant.

Speaking of the atmosphere, I need to talk about the improvements made to it. They added a small area to socialize or drink coffee while watching television and enjoying the non existent heat of the fake fire place that was installed. They also put in a fogy glass wall type of a thing between the area where you wait in line for your food and the dinning area.  

Now that I am thinking about lines I have to talk about the way they redesigned how you order and wait for your ordered food. Before (and this is the way that it is in many fast food restaurants still) you would stand in line and there would be lines to your right and left. Once you ordered you would just sort of stand in between the lines as you waited for your food to come. Wendy’s took more of a subway approach, once you have ordered your food you move down a counter and you from into a waiting line, rather than just a waiting jumbled mess of people.


I think that the remodeling was a very good idea. It gave a new, more modern look to the place, gave it a better flow and even improved my drink getting experience. It is safe to say that this had made me want to eat more Wendy’s.(439 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment