Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tacos and Burritos

In my mind there is no question that this generation is one that will be remembered for its mass consumption of fast food tacos and burritos, why is this? I will conduct an in depth investigation in this blog to uncover what is driving this lust for quick Mexican food.
One of the main reasons is how fast and easy it is to eat there. Let’s face it, unless you are trying to have a sit down meal at a nice restaurant eating it kind of an inconvenience. If we didn’t have to eat we would have, by my calculations, we would have like an hour more to do things. That is not to say that I don’t like the taste of food, so if I could get a quick meal that also tastes good that would be awesome. Well I can with tacos and burritos. Another down side to eating is that it tends to cost money, money that someone with a low paying dead end job doesn’t really want to spend on food. Tacos that cost under a dollar are perfect, and for the amount of food you get with a burrito the prices for one of them is not too bad either.
Another great thing about them is that both of the establishments that they are served in are open pretty late, this means that if you are up late doing whatever it is you do and you want to go somewhere to hang out, you almost always have a place. But then that begs the question why do young people flock there rather than to places like Wendy’s that are also known for being open late? While people still go to other places like Wendy’s, I think that it is the same as the reasons that I listed above like the cost and the taste, but I think that a main reason is that it is just what everyone is eating.

I am by no means trying to say that the kids of this generation do not eat any other foods, lots of people love places like Perkins, McDonalds and other fast food places like McDonald’s, I only feel as though kids flock in more numbers to places that sell tacos and burritos. (377 words) 

No comments:

Post a Comment