Sunday, January 26, 2014

Wild

I am going to talk about a category of food that doesn’t get nearly as much love as it deserves, the stuff you catch or kill your self. My once told me something after I had killed a deer with him the really stuck with me, he said “that’s more organic and healthy than any of that ‘organic’ sh*t you can get at the store” and he is right. Nothing beats a deer that you shot that has only eaten grass all of its life and that has never been given steroids like most cattle. This isn’t as true about fish because they are only as healthy as the water that they live in, and unfortunately in many cases that water isn’t very good. But that is all made up for by the great taste of a fish that was caught and cleaned only a couple of hours ago. Another great part is the fun of catching or killing it. One of the best things in the world, in my opinion, is to fall asleep shirtless in a lawn chair in the sun with a pole in your hand and being woken up be a fish tugging on the line. Sure I may regret it in the shower the next day (because of the terrible sun burns it tend to get) but its all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment