Sunday, March 16, 2014

Africa

I think that many people will agree with the idea that we need to help the people in Africa that do not have any food, but the main question is how to do that. From what I understand, we are going about helping these people all wrong. I think that the idea of teaching a man to fish is better than just giving him a fish is a great idea and it is an idea that I think needs to be implemented in Africa. The majority of the aid that had been sent to Africa has been food, and I think that is not the best way to go about solving the hunger crisis.


I believe that the best way to get our moneys worth is to teach them how to be more self sufficient and/or give them things to help them be more self sufficient. I think that we should be teaching them how to plant their own crops and dig their own wells and treat their own illnesses. But now you may be asking “well how are they going to do that if they don’t have the things they need?” That is where the second part comes in. We would also give them the materials that they need to do all of these things. So now the African people have the skills and the tools to do what they need to do, but now there is one last thing. I think that we should give each African citizen (as I type this I am realizing how expensive this is going to be) a little bit of currency. This will allow the Africans to start businesses and buy things from those businesses and help to grow the African economy. This is another thing that will help Africa succeed in the long run. (304 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment